4/10/09

FOUND, just in time


It's always exciting to be at an estate sale, flea market, or antique store and find a wonderful photo, or at least something that makes me smile or snicker. But when I find things in my own filing cabinet that come as a surprise it's even better. 

I was going through my filing cabinet looking for the book for my vacuum cleaner. Discovered too many files full of old papers I no longer need that will be tossed allowing me to free up some space. In the back of one file I found a piece of cardboard. I was just about to dump the full contents of this file into the trash without sorting through it until I saw the cardboard. I turned it over and found this photo. I'd long ago forgotten I had this. I must have bought it in the early to mid-70s. I was thrilled to see it again.

girl w.cat_Bushnell Fotografer_tatteredandlost

On the back it says "Pushie Estate Berkeley" so I'm assuming whoever I purchased it from bought it at an estate sale. I believe I bought it at an antique store in Port Costa, California. The photographer was "Bushnell Fotografer California" located in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose. I know nothing about this photographer other than the following ad I found online here within a yearbook.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is one frilly Easter bonnet!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How right you are! I hadn't even thought of that. How fortuitous I found it now.

    ReplyDelete